Writing Task 2 Revision – Taking a Gap Year Before Going to University
Many high school graduates decide to take a gap year before going to university. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh its disadvantages? Give reasons for your answer.
- Opportunity to gain practical work experience
- Opportunity to expand social and professional networks
- Opportunity to take part in courses which will improve students’ academic and non-academic skills, e.g. presentation
- Possible financial difficulty to cover costs of living during the gap year
- The advantages will not be realistic if students do not clearly plan their gap year
- Academic skills, e.g. foreign language proficiency, can be reduced if students are not in a proper academic environment.
Do you want to share your essay to others? If yes, please type it in the comment section, and I will leave feedback on your work.
Want to learn more about gap year? Watch this video, made by Just Deenie, to see what her gap year experience looks like.