Speaking Part 3 Revision – Social Responsibilities and Sustainable Development
Sample questions on the topic of social responsibilities of private businesses:
- Is it important for a private business to have social responsibilities? Why or why not?
- What can a private business do to show its social responsibilities?
- What are the consequences for a private business if it conducts socially irresponsible behaviors?
- How can governments encourage private businesses to be socially responsible?
- What do you think is more important for a private business, its profits or its social responsibilities?
Sample questions on the topic of sustainable development:
- Should economic growth be the most important policy objective of a government?
- In addition to economic growth, what should be other top policy objectives for a government?
- Does a high rate of economic growth lead to any negative social and environmental consequences?
- How can a government efficiently use its limited natural resources?
- What factors can help a country develop sustainably in the long run?
Please share your answers to the questions above by leaving a comment, and we will leave feedback on them.
Watch this video by the United Nations to learn more about the concept of “sustainable development”.