IELTS Speaking Revision – A Full Sample Speaking Test with Three Parts
Part 1 (Interview):
- Can you please show me your identification?
- How should I call you?
- Are you working now or are you a student?
Now let’s talk about your childhood.
- What outdoor activities did you enjoy doing as a kid?
- When you were at school, did you have to do much homework?
- Are there things in your childhood that you would like to change?
Now let’s move on to the next topic – music.
- What is your favorite music genre? Why?
- Do you have a favorite singer or music band? If yes, please describe.
- Do you enjoy listening to music alone or with others?
Part 2 (Cue Card):
In this part, you are given one minute to prepare and one to two minutes to talk about the following topic.
Describe a situation in which you were surprised.
You should say:
- When and where the situation was
- Whom the situation involved
- What you initially expected as results of the situation
And explain why you were surprised.
- Did you learn any useful lessons from that occasion?
Part 3 (Discussion):
Now in the final part of the IELTS Speaking test, I would like to ask you about education in the digital age.
- Should students be allowed to use mobile devices, such as smartphones, in classrooms?
- Has technology affected the student-teacher relationship in a positive or negative way?
- How can schools further apply technology to improve their teaching quality?
- Do you think that one day, students will be completely instructed by robots?
Thank you. That’s the end of the IELTS Speaking test!
Would you like to attempt any of the questions above? Please type your response(s) in the comment section below, and we will give feedback!
Are you interested in learning more about how IELTS Speaking tests look like in reality? Have a watch at these videos: https://www.ieltswithmrduc.com/sample-interviews