IELTS Speaking and Writing Revision – Complete Sample Tests
Sample IELTS Speaking Test:
- Do you have sunglasses? If yes, how many pairs?
- Have you ever bought sunglasses as a gift for someone?
- In what occasions do you think that wearing sunglasses is inappropriate?
- Do you grow plants in your house or apartment?
- Have you ever received plants as a gift?
- Do you think that plants should be grown in the workplace?
- Do you raise a pet? If yes, what animal do you raise?
- Do you think that raising a pet is expensive?
- Can raising pets help people cope with stress?
Describe a situation in which you made a promise.
You should say:
- When and where the situation happened
- Who was there with you
- What promise you made
And explain why you made that promise.
- Why do many people face mental stress these days?
- Can students face stress as well? Why or why not?
- Do you think that unhealthy eating behaviors can lead to stress?
- What personal and social consequences does stress have?
- In the workplace, what can companies do to help their employees better manage stress?
· Green lifestyle
- What can consumers do to enjoy a green lifestyle?
- What environmental benefits does a green lifestyle bring about?
- Should governments impose a ban on plastic straws and bags?
- Going vegetarian is always good for the environment. What is your opinion on this statement?
- In schools, what activities and courses should students join to reinforce their understanding of green lifestyle?
Sample IELTS Writing Test:
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The bar chart above gives information about the percentage of men in senior development positions at three companies from 1980 to 2010.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:
Working as a team always guarantees higher productivity and results. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.