Writing Task 1 Revision – Useful Sentence Structures for a Bar Chart Essay
Structures for Describing Comparisons:
- In 2011, paper was the most recycled type of waste with a record of 57 tons, followed by glass (48 tons), tins (35 tons) and garden (32 tons).
- In 2012, garden waste (15 tons) was recycled the least in the given recycling center, left behind by paper (50 tons), glass (41 tons) and tins (27 tons).
- In 2015, paper (70 tons) was recycled twice as much as garden waste (35 waste) in the recycling center.
Structures for Describing Trends:
- The amount of recycled paper in the center reduced from 57 tons in 2011 to 40 tons in 2013, before rising to 70 tons in 2015.
- The amount of recycled tins remained relatively stable throughout the period, standing at 35 tons in 2011 and slightly increasing to 39 tons four years later.
Would you like to share your complete essay with others? Please leave a comment below, and we are more than happy to correct and grade your essay!