- Constructed (past tense): Built, erected, established, created, developed.
Example: In 1995, a large number of houses were built in the Northwest of the town.
- Rebuilt (past tense): Fixed, repaired.
- Appeared (past tense): Came, emerged, the advent of (noun).
Example: In the present time, a car park appears next to the hotel.
- To show position (passive form): Located at, situated at, positioned at.
Example: In 1995, a cafe and a hotel were located in the Southeast of the town.
- Location (noun): Site, area, spot, region.
- Changes (noun - plural form): Changes, alterations, developments, innovations, progess, enhancements, improvements.
Example: From 1995 to these days, the majority of changes in this town have been caused by humans.
- Cleared (past tense): Demolished, destroyed, removed, knocked down, eradicated, wiped out.
Example: In the present time, the fishing port developed in 1995 has been destroyed.
- Replaced (past tense): Took the place of, was replaced by.
Example: At the moment, a golf course and a tennis course have taken the place of the farmland and forest park.
- Experienced (past tense): Faced, met, underwent, went through, encountered, exhibited, recorded.
Example: From 1995 to the present time, this town has experienced many changes.
- Beside: Next to, adjacent to, on the left of, on the right of.
Example: In 1995, a cafe was created on the right of the fish market.
- Behind: At the back of.
- Surrounded by (passive form): Lanked by, bordered by, in the midst of.
Example: In 1995, the town was surrounded by the sea and other natural factors.
- Directions: On the top of, due west of, due south of, in the north of.
Example: Currently, a restaurant has been built in the north of a range of newly-developed apartments.