Exercise: Replace the underlined part of the following Writing Task 1 descriptive sentences with a different expression. You may change the sentence structure insignificantly but may not change its main meaning.
Old: The population figure of China in 2017 was 1.4 billion.
New: The number of people living in China in 2017 was 1.4 billion.
1. In 2010, the percentage of households in town A which used at least one solar power panel was 7%.
2. In 2015, 32% of students at school A used at least two social media channels to communicate with friends.
3. From 2011 to 2012, the average annual salary of employees at company A increased by 19%.
4. In 2013, the number of times that pollution levels in Beijing exceeded the maximum acceptable limits reached its record high.
5. The two graphs show that the methods of producing chocolate in the two countries are different.
Please find the keys (suggested answers) here.
Do you want to share your answers with others? Please leave a comment.